View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Jul 01, 2018 at 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortie View Post
But, like you, I have been in the 50lbs above that for several years. My 20 something weight was 110lbs, my over 35 weight was 130lbs. I was stuck at 172 lbs for a few years, then meds bumped it up to 182 and I've been stuck at this weight, no higher, no lower for 2 or 3 years now. Is this my new set point, am I just supposed to be this much fatter?
I never took meds but I had the majority of my weight come on after high school when I both stopped exercising (I Had been on track) and started eating out on a significant basis. I gained 40 lbs in 4 months. I have been in various states of dieting for the next 20+ years. But even going back further before that, I had been in constant diet mode even though I was just 130 for my 5'5 frame. But those diets were always successful because I didn't have much to lose.

My life is not conducive to dieting. And that is the rub.

At this point it is no longer about vanity, it is about health. I know several cancers that can come about due to excess weight and I know two people who had them.

I have had my RMR tested three times and for the most part they put me about 1550 (resting) and 1700 moving. So in theory that should be enough to lose easy, but it doesn't work like that. Recently I noticed that dieting seemed to be so much tougher. For instance I would have physical symptoms. Such as inability to sleep and restless legs. I eventually figured out those are symptoms of eating too little (your body releasees adreneline) so I have upped the food intake. But I now lose 1/2 a lb per week. At that rate I would need to be on a diet for 100 weeks. And yet, I can gain weight to the tune of 5 lbs per week.

It seems doomed and it seems to be a TREMENDOUS, use of my energy.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous52314