View Single Post
Anonymous52314
Anonymous52314 has no updates. Edit

Default Jul 01, 2018 at 10:43 AM

I have the same trouble. While I haven't my RMR done professionally, I've entered my stats into a few different online BMR and TDEE calculators. I come up with 1600 calories to lose weight. When I stick with it, I don't sleep for the hunger and I experience the same symptoms you have - those of one who is under eating by too much. Which makes me wonder, "what the hell, body?!" I'm not actually starving myself, why does it seem like my body goes into some sort of starvation, survivival mode, at which seems to me(from what I've been reading) like a modest deficit in calories. My body just refuses to do even that slow and safe weight loss of 1lb per week?

I'm worried about my health too. My dad was chubby most of his adult life and he died of pancreatic cancer. But on the daily, my feet hurt, and so do my hips and knees some days. I sweat easily, and it's difficult to find a comfortable sleeping position. I feel tired carrying around this extra weight.

I too want very much to say good bye permanently to any kind of accounting diet. They all make me crazy and miserable very quickly.

I just want to eat healthy, without overeating and get some exercise, and accept that it may take me 2 years or more to reach a healthy-for-me weight. But I'm finding that a challenge.

Like you, my body gives me a tremendously hard time if I try to conventionally diet. I am wildly impressed by your ability to still stick with it for so long. I last about a week at most. But, I guess I have the struggle of clinging to the comfort of food as friend, numbing agent...it's not serving me well.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote