View Single Post
circles5

Member Since Dec 2011
15 hugs
given
Default Jul 08, 2018 at 11:07 AM

Hi.
I've recently been diagnosed with avpd.
I know popping a pill cant fix a personality disorder. (In my case anitidepressants and benzodiazepines dont even help with my psychiatric issues)

However surely something must help a bit?
Ive been researching and there is precious little annecdotal information on avpd and meds or drugs. And virtually no official studies.
This really is a neglected, understudied disorder.
This and bdd... two of the most painful mental illnesses... why i wander.

My personal experience with meds and my avpd
is only amphetamine helped. Ive done it twice.
Drug wise... alcohol helps (screws up more than it helps however)
I have had good experiences with psilocybin. But im too fragile mentally to get back in the water with psychedelics.. and you cant take them every day anyhow.

Now everything else just makes me numb if it 'helps'.. or doesnt affect my very low feelings about myself.
--------

Through my reading ive discovered a few people reporting Ritalin aka: methylphenidate to significantly help their avpd symptoms. These people also report amphetamine helping in the same way.
These are widely considered adhd meds.

Gabapentin may also help....

Im Desperate for something... not a cure, just something to help.
Maybe it could give me enough of an energy lift to 'get on with life...'

Im tempted to just go onto a high dose antipsychotic and try and forget about life. But id like to try out some alternatives first. But i am reaching the end of what i can cope with.

What works for you? Prescribed or illicit. Id love to know.

Final note; im pretty sure cannabis makes avpd soo much worse. Its been the subatance ive used most however. As it allows me to be comfortable avoiding. Going out stoned tends to caise me great discomfort and panic attacks.
I want something thatll calm me abit... slow down my thoughts.. or at least allow me to concentrate on one thing at a time (im normally very busy mentally...) - i want energy and confidence. I think i want a stimulant..
Regards
c5

RX: 4mg Diazepam daily

___
circles5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote