cptsdwhoa
Veteran Member

Member Since Jul 2018
441 hugs
given
Default Jul 09, 2018 at 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deejay14 View Post
After approximately 15 years of taking a whopping dose of ambien and benzodiazepines every night, I have freed myself from them only using it from 0-2 times per week in very small amounts. I used calcium and magnesium in a 2:1 ratio. I used 600 mg and 300 mg respectively and it really helped. I had minimal problems with rebound insomnia.
Oo! Thank you. I haven't heard that calcium and magnesium could be helpful! But that makes perfect sense to me. Vitamins and minerals keep us healthy. That's actually the approach I'm taking. Using nutrition, vitamins, and minerals to help my body prepare for any withdrawal. I just might ask my pharmacist about this.

Hmm, I think I'm a little scared of not taking it every night. It's written that I can take it "as needed," but I tried that for three days and I think I started having bad withdrawal symptoms again. However, I prefer your approach! I might adapt it to my tapering schedule. My psychiatric nurse said take my current dose for a month and then cut the pill in half for a month. That seems way to fast for me. Hmm...I guess I shall see.

Thank you so much!
cptsdwhoa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote