Account Suspended

Member Since Jan 2015
5,382 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 15, 2018 at 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitimage View Post
I'm on both risperidone and seroquel. The risperidone is an adjunct to my 2 anti-d's and helps with my mood. The serquel helps a lot with my anxiety. But I sometimes feel like a pharmaceutical's guinea pig. I'm worried about long term effects as I'm on relatively high doses of all my meds. But I figure it's a trade off, being able to live relatively well in the short term vs longevity. I come from a notoriously long lived family on my Dad's side (100+'s are normal), so I figure I can afford to lose a few years.

Yeah, but it's not usually a case of someone keeling over dead, or dying peacefully in their sleep. There's usually a long way between sick, dying, and dead. My concern about (specifically) Seroquel is that it can cause major health problems that make life difficult - or even really bad. Intolerable.

Traditionally, I've been extremely in favor of the use of psych meds. Lately, however, I'm feeling like too many meds are way over-prescribed. Using a med like Seroquel as a sleep aid...it seems wrong. Dangerous.
*Laurie* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
kecanoe, SparkySmart, still_crazy