View Single Post
Quebec01

Quebec01 has no updates.

10 yr Member
22 hugs
given
Default Jul 15, 2018 at 07:45 PM

Hi, I've been on Latuda 60mgfor 6 months. Over these 6 months, Extra-pyramidal symptoms have been increasing until they became unbearable. I didn't know what they were.

Intense anxiety, pacing, can't stand still (pouncing and shifting weight from right to left), can't sit still (rocking), involuntary chewing (imaginary gum), choking, trouble swallowing. While doing this, I often bite my tongue which seems to have no more coordination, jaw muscles cramping, clenching teeth (could hear them cracking), arm muscles contracting unvoluntary and twisting (Very painful, it burns), when walking, feeling like I am not commanding my leg movements and threfore, feels like they will fall on strike without my consent. Tardive dyskenisia has kicked in and they say that it may remain permanent. This drug is very strong and I felt like I was overmedicated.

I complained to the pharmacist who sent a fax to my pdoc who is on vacation. She suggested that I go down to 40mg and to add 50mg of Seroquel prn.

It is now the 10th day at 40mg. Tried twice the Seroquel 50mg and it doesn't do much. The symptoms have gone down a bit but are still there. I had started to eat supper between 8-9pm and take my nightime medication an hour after. Otherwise, I would have all these symptoms last from 6pm to 11pm, which feels like an eternity. The last two days, I have been very tired and I think that taking Latuda too late influences my resistance the next day.

I'm also taking 200mg Lamictal, 200mg Seroquel and a few others for fibromyalgia :Amitriptiline, Flexeril and Synthroid.

I read scary stuff about the withdrawal of Latuda. Some say it's worse than the withdrawal of Paxil.

Is anyone trying to get off Latuda ? I'd like to hear your comments and experience.

Thank you.

Last edited by Quebec01; Jul 15, 2018 at 08:55 PM..
Quebec01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote