Thread: ECT?
View Single Post
Vander626

Member Since Sep 2011
Wink Jul 19, 2018 at 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Só leigheas View Post
I've tried multiple medications and different therapies. I'm still like this. Nothing works.

My T wants me to consider ECT. The idea scares me a bit, but more than anything I don't want to get my hopes up and then shut down. It happens every time.

He also told me about a long-term IP program I would go to while undergoing the therapy. That doesn't sound like something I'm willing to do, either.

How many of you have undergone ECT? Did it help in the long-term or did the relief dissipate later on?

I'm one of the lucky ones! Although my depression began when I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Disease at age 5 and is certainly treatment-resistant, I became a Social Worker AND a Mental Health Clinician. I'm very keen on the science and know that, regardless of our reservations, ECT remains the Gold Standard when it comes to treatment of clinical depression. After 4 sessions, I knew that ECT was a success for me but I was forced to stop owing to problems with anasthesia (because of a missing enzyme in my blood!). If you take a look at the science, you will see that I am right!! It is THE most successful treatment for clinical depression..........in the entire world!!
Vander626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
MtnTime2896