View Single Post
*Laurie*
Account Suspended

Member Since Jan 2015
5,382 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 23, 2018 at 04:33 PM

It's not necessarily about addiction, the problem is often about tolerance and physical habituation. That said, I don't understand what the big deal is with regard to benzos. I'm irate about the current trend of pdocs not prescribing benzos for anxiety, but then they prescribe AP's instead. AP's were not created for anxiety or insomnia.

Until there's an appropriate medication (one that doesn't cause dangerous side-effects) that eases anxiety I believe that pdocs should stick with using benzos.

I don't know what the laws about medical mj are where you live. I'm in California, where anyone who has the money to pay for it can obtain a medical mj prescription from a doctor who does that kind of prescribing. I think it's about $100 to see the doctor and get the prescription. Then you have to purchase the mj from a shop. It's not cheap. I think the minimum is $50 for about a week's worth of mj. So you're looking at about $200 or more just to start the process going for a month. I suppose that eventually the price will come down, but I doubt it will for many years yet.
*Laurie* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote