Thread: Deep TMS
View Single Post
MDDBPDPTSD
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2010
249 hugs
given
Default Jul 25, 2018 at 03:59 PM

Thank you for the well wishes. I have had my first two treatments. The first thing I observed is the level of discomfort/pain is not near as bad as I thought it would be. They do scale up the intensity. My first treatment I was at 100% of my motor threshold. The second day we went to 110%. My pain level during treatment on the first day was about a 3. Very manageable. Second day, more intense so pain level increased to a 5. If not for the breaks in between the pulses, I might not have made it but in between each 4 second series of pulses, is a 20 minute rest. That rest is very important to help me recover from the last series and prepare for the next. The tapping feels like a judge’s wooden gavel is tapping on the side of your head. Annoying! But as medical procedures go, very do-able.
When the pulses occur, my eyes twitch and water. My hand clenches. Interestingly enough, on my first treatment my right hand clenched. On the second day my left hand clenched. The nurse said that was an anomaly and got the doctor. The doctor adjusted the helmet position and then I was clenching both hands. He asked about my medications and I told him. He advised a change in the time I take one of them and said we will see what happens tomorrow. I’ll try to keep up with the updates y’all.

Hugs from:
possum220

Thanks for this!
kecanoe