View Single Post
starryprince

Member Since Mar 2015
288 hugs
given
Default Jul 27, 2018 at 04:45 PM

Hey all.

So, after waiting a year, my top surgery consultation is coming up. I know that I want it but my mom is not on board with it. She wants me to be happy and she even offered to help pay for the surgery if my insurance does not cover all of it. That made me really happy because she could see how much this means to me.

My issue is that..well, my mom isn't on board. She is really religious and believes, "God made you this way for a reason." I'm an adult but her opinion still matters, especially since we have a tight bond. I think, as much as we accept ourselves, we value our parents' opinions. I know I wouldn't be able to take care of myself after the surgery and that's what's bothering me. She has to come to the hospital, take me home, and help me out. I'm really nervous about that. If I could be independent, I wouldn't mind so much.

It's hard to explain, but now that my consultation is in a few weeks, the reality is beginning to hit me with regards to my mom and her views on it. I just feel really weird and confused.

I just wanted to get these feelings out. Thanks for reading.
starryprince is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Stone92

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127