View Single Post
BettysGranddaughter

Member Since Jul 2018
95 hugs
given
Default Jul 28, 2018 at 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easysail View Post
Since I was diagnosed with depression a few years back, I started overeating to kill the emotional pain and emptiness I was suffering from. Now I’m not obese but I’m clearly overweight which is negatively affecting my self esteem. I’m still suffering from depression up until now and every time I try to eat healthy and lower my caloric intake I don’t last more than a few days only to relapse very soon and get back to binge eating whenever I feel angry, sad or depressed. I don’t know what to do. I read a lot of articles online about mindful eating but like I said I don’t last more than a couple days doing so. I did try to go on different diets but the same thing would happen over and over again. It’s just become a hard habit for me break to indulge in food. Does anyone here have a success story about overcoming binge eating while being depressed?

Yep. Such a ****** cycle. I do the same - I try some super restrictive diet for a few days, can't adhere to it perfectly, get depressed and feel horrible about myself, then binge.

Is there any outside support you can find? A dietitian who focuses on eating disorders, support groups? Or have you read Intuitive Eating?

I can't say what works for certain myself, as I haven't "overcome" it yet. But I've tried lots of different things, and feel like the more I learn about myself, and the more I focus on self-care, the less I binge.
BettysGranddaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Easysail