View Single Post
My Paper Heart

Member Since Feb 2018
4 hugs
given
Default Jul 28, 2018 at 03:34 PM

Crystal93:
I was an administrative assistant for a while. It was perfectly aligned for my OCPD traits and I did so well there that I eventually became a de-facto (or unofficial, according to a superior) co-director of the place, creating+doing things that are still implemented at the various locations. From what I've heard, they haven't had nearly the same success since I left. However, as is common for OCPD workaholics (at least according to what I've heard), I wasn't appreciated and I was taken advantage of. {So be careful that your current admin job doesn't do that to you!} I hadn't planned to be an administrative assistant -- I didn't even start there as an admin -- so I left when I got a job in the area I wanted to be in. Unfortunately, the new job (teacher) as a really bad match for me.

One of my favorite things about being a teacher was my ability to help and advocate for my kids. I encouraged them and stood up for them when they couldn't. I also was able to identify and get help for several of my kids with psych issues.

I love to help advocate for others, even if it only make the smallest impact. I actually found someplace yesterday that I want to check out on Monday to possibly volunteer with. Hopefully it'll help fulfill me until I can figure out a new career.
My Paper Heart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote