View Single Post
NathanNake

Member Since Jul 2018
Trig Jul 29, 2018 at 10:27 AM

I went to a celebration of life/wake for my oldest friend last night. He committed suicide on the 7th of July. He had schizoaffective disorder and was a long time alcoholic. He struggled with a couple different types of cancer throughout the years as well. He had leukemia when he was 4 years old and said I was the only kid who treated him like he wasn't sick back then.... Most people would probably just grow up and forget it, but he would always bring it up when I saw him at various times through out lives. Really wishing I had spent more time with him.

The celebration of life last night was awkward as I have social anxiety and didn't know anyone there. Most people were drinking, but I abstained.

He was only 40 years old and I keep thinking about all the things he'll never be able to do again - see friends and family, laugh, travel to some new location for vacation, etc... I wish he would have called me or something.

Anyway, just wanted to share to get it off my chest. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Turtleboy; Aug 14, 2018 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: trigger
NathanNake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
88Butterfly88, Calla lily12, CANDC, Candy1955, Innerzone, Nammu, Open Eyes, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Calla lily12, CANDC, Gus1234U