View Single Post
jaser

Member Since Jun 2017
1 hugs
given
Default Jul 30, 2018 at 12:44 AM

As a parent of a daughter, my past has come back to haunt me. I am now finding out how my daughter really feels and what se blames me for growing up. I wasn't there for her like I should have been and now I am paying the price, We have a very strained relationship and she now has two baby boys and she won 't let me see them when I want , only when she feels like it. The problem is this, My parents did the same thing to me growing up, I had no role models and bringing up my daughter as a single parent after a divorce was difficult. I was not a role model for her because I didn't know how to be one. Their was no instruction book on how to be a parent and times were different back them. I treated my daughter the same way I was treated by my mom.

My father was an acholic and my mom worked all the time. I didn't on trips or have vacations I never knew what that was all about, I brought my child up the best I knew how and now she hates me for the rotten childhood she claims she had. Her dad was an acholic as well so we divorced after 10 yrs of marriage. So now I am left with this women who I want to be close to but wants no relationship or closeness to me. It hurts very deeply because she uses my grandson to hurt me. I am 66 yr old and feel I don't have a lot of time let and I waited a very long time for grandkids and now I have them but she won't let me enjoy my time I have left with them.Has anyone out there have a similar problem? Please respond.
jaser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna