Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since May 2013
22.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 31, 2018 at 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Tripper View Post
I just purchased a few Shakespeare plays in a selected works. It has my favorite ones: Hamlet, Macbeth, The Tempest, King Lear and a couple others.

I also purchased After Virtue, which is about virtue ethics. Virtue ethics is about finding the bolden mean, the balance between two vices. So for courage its Cowardice--courage--wwrecklessness. The golden mean is courage. The author of After Virtue is still alive I believe.

I bought another analysis of faust to read, by a big name Ardnt, He translated the Norton Critical Edition of Faust, which was a big deal. I didn't like that translation though, it seemed choppy even though he put it into poetry as it originally is. Seemed forced to me.

I bought the Norton Critical Edition of Yeats' poetry and Prose. Never read anything by him so this will be a surprise.
I bought the norton critical edition of Ovid's Metamorphesis. He's a roman poet like Virgil.

Then I was told to buy a couple Jungian books on masculinity. I have no clue what to expect with these books, but phd holding philosophers recommended them to me.
Man someone went on a spree 😉