guilloche
Magnate
guilloche has no updates.

8 yr Member
2,704 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 02, 2018 at 09:29 AM

This thread is a little old, but I'm glad that I found it!

I heard a NFB practitioner speak this weekend, and it was fascinating. I'm going in this afternoon for my scan!

One of the things that I really liked is that she tells you people to NOT tell her anything about their symptoms or diagnosis before the scan. She wants to scan your brain, analyze the patterns, then come back (2nd appointment) and tell you what she thinks is going on. It's a really cool way to validate whether or not the NFB is picking up on the right things. If she knew ahead of time what issues you have, it would be easy to just point to things and say, "oh yeah, here's what's causing your anxiety" for example.

Anyway, I'm excited. It seems like there's some controversy (i.e. some people think it hasn't been validated) but I think it's worth trying. The risks of side effects appears to be so much lower than with medication.

I'm so exhausted right now, all the time. And, I've tried so much therapy - to no avail. I don't ever seem to be able to get to a place where therapy is helpful, and when Ts push too hard, I get worse. So, fingers crossed that this helps!
guilloche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Gus1234U, koru_kiwi