View Single Post
sadsadweenie

sadsadweenie has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Aug 02, 2018 at 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prism Bunny View Post
I made this post in another thread, but I think it may be useful here as well!

The worst thing to do: Lock yourself in your bedroom and stay isolated even when online. I did that a couple of years ago, and it wrecked me as a person. It may be charming of an idea, taking a break, but eventually, your natural instincts kick in, and you know you need environmental and social change.

Best thing to do: Go to a coffee shop (you do not have to order coffee), sit outside with your laptop, and watch the world pass by and type to anyone online. If you are sociable, talk to those around you, as strangers can make the best company sometimes. Listen to music that fits the scenery and cheers you up.

When at home: Open up your windows or at least have it where the sun lifts the atmosphere of your home. Drink something without caffeine in it (caffeine can trigger anxiety and panic attacks), get out of bed, stretch, sit up, and meditate for twenty minutes. Read or watch anything that is fiction-based. Text or call family or friends that you trust and can laugh around with for a few minutes. Again, online is also an option.

When going to bed: Take 3mg to 5mg of Melatonin a few hours before sleep, meditate again, play music again (I suggest binaural sounds to trigger such things as lucid dreaming) or play ASMR videos to distract any negative/depressive thought patterns that may pop up. Prop your pillows, fix your sheets, and spray it with some tea tree and lavender every morning and night. Also, get a fan for extra white noise.

Even as an introvert, there are ways to ease PTSD and Depression. Personally, I am in the middle (or at least all those tests think so), so I can handle some activities with others, but I also enjoy sitting outside and watching nature happen as I live in the mountains. Also, take vitamins/supplements to balance your physical body.

Thank you so much for this [emoji255]
sadsadweenie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote