Thread: An Audi TT
View Single Post
Anonymous32895

Default Aug 03, 2018 at 09:22 AM

Can you imagine the constraints I was under when the solution to an argument was : I'm going to phone your mum and dad. We will all sit down and have a meeting. You won't leave. You will end up locked back up in the hospital.
Of course I would say I am not a child. And Freds other favourite argument closure was : come on hit me then, hit me he'd say spitting through his teeth.
I tried to slap him for calling me a s^ut once when he was drunk but he caught my hand and tripped me onto the floor. I didn't cheat I must add, I never cheated on Fred. He was just drunk. I would have felt no satisfaction if it did connect and I'm glad he stopped it.
And the hospital is not prison. The entrance door isn't always locked where I was. There are cameras so it's open mostly during the day. There is only one room with a working lock. And the door is locked to prevent people from committing suicide when they are a danger to themselves. Its only locked when the staff feel a particar patient is suicidal. And violent people go to a high security hospital. Where the line between illness and criminal intent blur.
Prison is punishment and to stop criminals hurting others in the future. It should be about rehabilitation in an ideal world too. But psych wards are not prison. Of course there are rules and routine for food and lights go out. But it's supposed to be somewhere a person can relax and get better and get help and medical treatment. A place for some that is safe and space to escape the stresses while un-well. Without the medication not many would get out. Thorazine was introduced back in the 1950s. It was a break through But from what I can gather through reading, the newer drugs only got approved in the 1990's. But please correct me forum users. My first breakdown was 2005. So would it be safe to say that psychiatric drugs are in their infancy still?

Last edited by Anonymous32895; Aug 03, 2018 at 09:55 AM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote