View Single Post
Anonymous56789

Default Aug 04, 2018 at 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudFox View Post
Was in this situation and then analyzed it on my terms, and concluded that it's a form of institutional abuse and exploitation... provoke strong feelings in client, coax out (implicitly or explicitly) disclosure of those feelings, then reject client in some fashion.
Sorry you were in a similar situation.

I'm close to concluding any problems were due to his own issues, but knowing this rationally doesn't resolve it. We had a major rupture and although I tried to work through it, I never went back and just decided to end abruptly.

I thought I was over it, but it (how his behaviors or feelings affected me) keeps seeping back in. I'm in this strange limbo where I want to get past it and put it behind me, but at the same time, feel I need to work it out with him to get past it.

At other times, it's like a rollercoaster where sometimes I think I can figure it out myself; then other times I think I need to resolve it directly with him. I'm a the point where I'm trying to decide whether or not to resume the therapy to resolve the issue. The risk is that I could be worse off from doing so.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
katydid777, koru_kiwi

Thanks for this!
BudFox