Thread: An Audi TT
View Single Post
Anonymous32895

Default Aug 06, 2018 at 08:03 AM

It was a real relationship. And Fred Keeping my feet on the ground is a blessing in disguise. I was lucky after the overdose I took that the doctor switched me right away onto the perfect medication for me. And when I had to go for follow ups some staff I recognised went past and asked if I was ok.
The doctors aren't gods. They are incredibly intelligent. I had no idea what psychiatric treatment involved. It was unnecessary to try and prove a point. But then again, I needed time away and I could not have went home.
And when In hospital at 18 I did go out with mum for lunch all the time. And it was more David that was pushing for a diagnosis. If you are getting treated with medication then a person is going to question what is treating. But most parents would have prayed that it was a stress induced episode. Not mine though. They were conflicted. They'd rather I would get better but if worst came to worst they couldn't afford to take the blame. And it was the easy way out if all the eggs went to my basket.
I apologise for nit picking with doctor. I guess it felt worse to me because this was my life! And looking at the big picture, I was one of the lucky ones.
Your the type that sees your body as a temple said the doctor. I had no interest in drugs and alcohol was a social thing for me. Through the thick and thin. True. We can call it a blip. Nipped in the bud.
I'm on good terms with family now. We have our own normal.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote