View Single Post
PattycakePancake
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2018
158 hugs
given
Default Aug 07, 2018 at 07:12 PM

I have to say be careful with Zyprexa. It made me gain about 90 lbs. However, everyone's body is different. I was very skinny to begin with. I lost 40 lbs that I've gained so far. When I had bad symptoms, antipsychotics were good. I found if my symptoms aren't severe, they hinder me more like especially with the sedation. It's hard to get up in the morning from them, and I'm about to start college. I manage my symptoms by managing my stress now. I got rid of a extremely big stressor in my life and that has helped me A LOT. Stress is very important to manage. I say if a medicine is helping, go for it. Everyone has different ways of treatments because each chemical I'm balance is different. Make sure to take medicine at same times every day. I found another helpful thing is to try to make a routine. Kinda push yourself to do things. Force yourself to socialize as well even though it's anxiety fueled because isolation makes things worse. Everything is easier said than done. It took me awhile to get where I'm at. There are times I'll still get out of order and weird, but I just keep on. I do take medicine, but not an antipsychotic at the moment.
PattycakePancake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote