View Single Post
marcoleap

Member Since May 2017
4 hugs
given
Default Aug 08, 2018 at 10:17 AM

Hi--I've told my story before on this forum, but as a reminder, I had been on 150mg of Zoloft for 17 years for dysthymia and generalized anxiety disorder. I decided to taper off, with the blessing of my pdoc. My depression and anxiety returned, and I had to not only increase the Zoloft to 200mg but add 1mg of Abilify (plus Konopin as needed). It's been a year and a half since the episode began and a year since starting Abilify. I'm feeling quite a bit better--I hardly ever take the Klonopin, and my pdoc said I can try doing without the Abilify. I just went 16 days at only 0.5mg of Abilify, but I'm feeling anxious and depressed again and bumped back up to 1mg. I'm so frustrated with the whole situation. I'm worried that I'll never feel like myself again and come off the Abilify. I'm pissed at my pdoc for not warning me that the Zoloft might not work as well if I came off it. I'm working my *** off trying to recover: I'm in weekly therapy, I run just about every day (3-6 miles), and I meditate almost daily. I've kept working at a stressful job throughout all of this, continued playing soccer and seeing my friends, watched my brother undergo surgery, radiation, and chemo for stomach cancer, and my wife and I are still--after more than 5 years--trying to start a family. I don't know why I'm posting other than to get the feeling of discouragement off my chest.

Last edited by marcoleap; Aug 08, 2018 at 10:30 AM..
marcoleap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
still_crazy

Thanks for this!
Hobbit House, still_crazy