Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
78 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 10, 2018 at 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird View Post
I guess I'll just say I hit rock bottom recently. I thought things were bad a few years ago but I realized it's about 10 times worse now... anyway.. my doctor is referring me to a nutritionist. She had done that a few years ago but I never followed through with it but I'm going to this time. I'm starting to feel optimistic about things. One of my meds was increased too and that's supposed to help. I feel okay today, I feel like I am ready for things to change.
Glad to hear you're ready to turn things around. You actually have to want recovery and follow through to get results...imagine that. I saw such an awesome group of nutritionists when I first moved to Houston for grad school. First, they saw me on a sliding scale since I had no insurance; second, they were all recovered from EDs. It was really like having nutrition and counselling sessions packed in one.

I need to get into a better mindset myself. It happens now and then, I have minor relapses, never so bad as the original recovery starting point though. I saw a PA for a UTI earlier this week, and he was practically thrusting nutritionist info and pamphlets at me. I'm sure if my regular PCP had been available, she might have sent me off for some bloodwork but not reacted so drastically as I've been seeing her 14 years now, she's seen me at some really bad lows.

Seroquel, Cymbalta, , propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, omeperazole

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
--Robert Frost

Last edited by Blueberrybook; Aug 10, 2018 at 05:26 PM..

Hugs from:
Blue_Bird, LucyD

Thanks for this!
Blue_Bird, LucyD