Blue_Bird is ready for recovery!

10 yr Member
14.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 12, 2018 at 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cln1812 View Post
Ugh...I was feeling accomplished because I've finally finished The Alienist by Caleb Carr. It was a book club read, but I didn't finish in time to make the meeting, and it took me a good 100 pages to get into the story, which is a lot for me.

Then, I did something so stupid. I Googled pro-ed sites, and yep, they are still out there and visited a forum briefly, even considered joining (stupid, stupid, STUPID!). Ugh! It brought up memories of all those awful sleepless nights in college when I'd post "thinspo" pictures, get into eating "competitions" of the wrong sort with other people online, horrible, horrible memories. Why did I have to do that? At least I didn't join, and at least I only read a couple posts and a few forum titles. That was so DUMB! Now I'm really angry at myself.

Don't be angry with yourself, be proud that you didn't give in to the temptation to join in on one of those sites and be mindful to try not to visit them in the future as they are extremely triggering.

It's always tempting, but you got off there and that's the good thing

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi
Blue_Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
eskielover