View Single Post
Easysail

Member Since Jun 2018
8 hugs
given
Default Aug 12, 2018 at 09:03 PM

I’ve been on abilify and Lamictal in the past two years, but then my psychiatrist put me on Lamictal and lithium instead. Now the weird thing is that only since two years ago, my hair became very curly and I wasn’t even born with curly hair and it has never been curly my whole life. Also, it stopped flowing naturally on my forehead, instead it would always look like it’s pulled backwards only from the top of my head. This is really annoying me, especially that doctors keep telling me that my hair is pulled backwards from the top of my head because it’s falling out and that I need to treat that first. But even when I used hair growth solutions, my hair would still look like it’s pulled backwards and it won’t stop falling out either. And none of the doctors know why my hair has become so curly. One doctor told me that I can get my hair straightened, but I don’t want to chemically straighten it. I just want my old hair back! My hair also completely stopped growing like a year ago and has become lifeless.
I asked my psychiatrist about the side effects of the medications I’m taking and what happened to my hair but he doesn’t see any correlation between them.
So can you please help me find out why this is happening to my hair and if there’s any way to fix this damage? It’s really affecting my self-esteem and I’ve become very self-conscious going out in front of other people with my hair -which used to be very healthy, long and shiny-looking like that.
And I can’t change medications because I tired a lot of medications with side effects like weight gain and I had to stop taking them because of that.
Easysail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
still_crazy, Wild Coyote