Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2011
1,231 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 13, 2018 at 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilloche View Post
I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I felt... really profoundly disappointed.

I felt kind of "unseen". There were things that she said that were absolutely 100% accurate, but also, things that didn't resonate or that I couldn't quite make sense of. And, I felt like it missed a lot.

I don't think I'm going to go forward with it. I think I'd still consider doing NFB with someone... but I'd want to find someone closer, who doesn't require a commitment to an entire package of sessions, and who maybe has experience with dealing with trauma stuff.
thanks for sharing all of that. your experince sounds quite different to the one i had. sorry to hear that it was disappointing...i too felt a bit disappointed just reading your account of it and also would feel put off if the clinician was trying to push 'package deals' on to me. from what you have shared here, my gut tells me that this probably is not the right clinic to go to address truama and dissociation. i hope you do find another place that is closer to you that can help to address your truama symptoms. i beleive i already mentioned this in an earlier post, but i would recommend that if you do seek someone else out, ask if they are familiar with Sebern Fisher and her NFB protocols for developmental trauma/c-PTSD. i used many of her protocols to address my truama symptoms, including my dissociatiive disorder. She also offers training to therapist and clinicians who are interested in using NFB. you may be interested in reading her book as well, it is quite informative about developmental truama and how to address it with NFB: 'Neurofeedback In the Treatment of Developmental Truama' Neurofeedback in the Treatment of Developmental Trauma | Sebern Fisher

good luck!
koru_kiwi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
guilloche