View Single Post
shakespeare47
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jul 2014
437 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 13, 2018 at 10:34 AM

I considered the possibility that I may have Asperger's traits many years ago, then I rejected the idea.

My current counselor keeps hinting that she sees traits.

And I took these online quizzes (with results):
Autism Spectrum Quotient Your score was 33 out of a possible 50. Scores in the 33-50 range indicate significant Austistic traits.

Empathy Quotient Your score was 18 out of a possible 80. Scores of 30 or less indicate a lack of empathy common in people with Autism or Asperger’s Syndrome.

Emotional Intelligence Quiz | Greater Good Magazine Your Score: 16/20

Nice work. You seem naturally well-attuned to others' emotions--a vital skill for forming compassionate connections. You scored above average but still have room for growth; research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm 51 years old and I do find myself feeling resentment because I was (sometimes intentionally) misunderstood and just mocked by a lot of people- mostly just for being, acting, talking in a way that was different from the crowd.

I see myself as having odd speech patterns and some clumsiness... I have always thought I see the world differently than most- and all these qualities have earned me the scorn of my peers. I've never had many friends, and I find it difficult to socialize.

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky