View Single Post
Aliyah

Member Since Jul 2014
Default Aug 13, 2018 at 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredlu View Post
Never heard of that form of OCD, but I do some things that I think fit the description.

For me the only way to truly abolish ocd induced fear is through "higher power", i.e something that's above me, because if things rely on me, all the bad things will become real (in my head). I count everything - steps, clock ticks, number of times I touch something, even cars on the road. The count has to fall on "lucky numbers" and every person in my life has a number which corresponds to an emotion. And when I look at that person, I have to think of the number for good luck and protection. It sounds so crazy when I put it into writing...
Does it bother you? Like it interferes with your daily life. Counting does seem to take up a lot of time and it's tiring to count so many things.I have bad thoughts, like they pop up in my mind, and since those are horrible I have the ritual to touch water to prevent it from happening. To me what you describe does seem like magical thinking from what I have read about it , however it depends how much it effects you in your day to day life.
Aliyah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote