Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2011
1,231 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 18, 2018 at 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalassophile View Post
For those of you that have intense transference feelings or otherwise for their T's do you think some of it is ever 'real' love you are also feeling?
yeah, i believe that it is real love that is being felt and that it also in the here and now, but perhaps not completly in the way we are believe we are perceiving it. what i came to eventually understand about my own strong 'transferred' feelings of love that i was experiencing and fully believed were for and towards my ex-T, was actually the love that i was needing for myself. experiencing those incredibly powerful feelings, of what i perceived and thought of as 'loving feelings' towards another person proved to me that i did have the strong desire and ability to actually deeply love and care, that i was not broken in this regard, as i had come to believe of myself due to failing to to form secure attachments to my parents and from feeling disconnected in relationships with others. for a long time while in therapy, i believed that i was suppose to be offering that love to others, including towards my ex-T, when all along that love truely was meant for me. this revelation was part of my own journey towards reaching an internal level of worthiness and unconditional love towards myself. as i started to work internally on 'integrating' the fragmented parts of myself (processing their memories and traumas) to become a more unified self, the strong transference towards my T faded and i was able to turn that love inward, towards the differnt parts of myself.

apologies if this was a bit confusing or difficult to understand, but i am coming from a background of DID and developmental trauma and a lot of my healing has been done internally through working with my parts/alters.
koru_kiwi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
zoiecat

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127, Daisy Dead Petals, mostlylurking, zoiecat