View Single Post
Anonymous48690

Default Aug 19, 2018 at 11:08 AM

Idk, when I hear ‘split personality’ in common talk, I think of having only two contrasting personalities: like someone with borderline personality disorder having black/white or love/hate thinking. They are the same person, but with two opposite set of thinking and being.

Often times when one is being described with more complex personality changes, I’ve often heard multiple personalities used in common talk.

And yes, I’ve heard of multiples described as having a split personality- but that term seems so archaic and clinically cold.

But, with all that said, are you in therapy shadow? Anger management courses?

I’ve learned what it feels like when the Angry One gets triggered, so before it erupts, I do some calming exercises like slow controlled breathing, turning around and walking away, reformat my thinking as to what generally triggers is not deemed as important to me as before....like calling us a name used to incite us, but now we just blow it off and chalk it up to the person’s lack of mental aptitude which takes the sting off the trigger.

I won’t call it control, but a way to avoid the trigger from happening, building pathways and options around the trigger instead of the one path that always dead ends to it.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
amandalouise

Thanks for this!
amandalouise