Member Since Feb 2018
2 hugs
given
Default Aug 19, 2018 at 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging vortex View Post
perhaps you are a light sleeper, yep.

perhaps your body is just used to getting up at a certain time each day

perhaps you need a new matress? (I hear it's a good idea to replace them every 4 to 8 years)

perhaps you have some anxiety about something- or other thoughts

perhaps it's the light from outside waking you up? (do you sleep with the curtains open in summer, for example)
Interesting. Thank you for your response. Here are my thoughts.

Maybe I am a light sleeper. Is there anything I can do about that? The same question goes for the anxiety. Maybe I am anxious about things and I am trying to find a cause for them, but, until that happens, it might just keep causing me problems.

I don't think waking up at this specific time is causing me problems – I’ve been getting up between 7:30 and 8 for the past few years, so I’d say I’m quite used to it. The light *may* be causing me problems (I do have east-facing windows), but I sleep with the curtains closed, and the windows are closed as well, so it isn’t the noise.

Buying a new mattress probably would be sensible. Unfortunately I’m only renting the current place on a 12 month contract, so I might move out next June (not guaranteed, but I don’t know right now). I don’t own the furniture here, like the bed and the mattress, so I’d need to leave it all behind when I move out. If I was going to buy a new mattress, I’d need to find somewhere to store the old one, so I could leave it behind when I do leave. The house doesn't have an attic, so storage space would be an issue.

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky