mossanimal
mossanimal has no updates.

5 yr Member
2 hugs
given
Default Aug 22, 2018 at 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyComplicated View Post
mossanimal, I have a cousin who was misdiagnosed for years as bipolar, and was eventually diagnosed as ADHD by her PCP, when she was 40 years of age. I know this probably is not a common experience, especially with a primary care physician, but as soon as her meds were switched to treat her ADHD (adderall), her life dramatically changed for the better! I am not a doctor, or counselor, but have heard of so many occasions were a person's struggle with ADHD was perceived or manifested itself as anxiety, depression, ocd, and even bipolar.

I thought I should share, since I witnessed it firsthand. I don't know your situation, but I do wish you the best.
Thanks for the note. The thing is is that I was originally diagnosed with ADHD and was put on Adderall by a primary care physician... but there was no real follow up or change... except that I lost some weight. But 8 years after I had a bad spell of depression that led to a brief hospitalization and care was transferred to psychiatrists who gave me the bipolar diagnosis. But it just doesn’t sit right with me.. especially the mania. And then I come to a forum like this and see people with such similar life experiences. Anyway... I see my psych next week so hopefully we will explore this further. All I know is that I’ve had a crazy life with sooo many hobbies and professions all ending up with a crash and burn and moving onto something else. I’m disorganized and can only focus on things that are my current passion. Until now... the Wellbutrin has killed that aspect for sure.

Hugs from:
Cocosurviving