View Single Post
Echos Myron redux
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2018
1,834 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 24, 2018 at 11:02 AM

LT, a lot of your most upsetting experiences have centred around peoples responses to you (take MC for example) so I don't think you are under any illusions about the way people respond to you. That's why this T reiterating a similar response to those you've experienced in the past seems less than helpful. It seems like further rejection and shaming. Much better, I would have thought, to explore where these needs are coming from and deal with that, rather than to supposedly try to educate you on his own ideas of what other people might be thinking. The irony that he accuses you of mindreading...

I don't know whether he has completely missed what an intuitive and attuned person you are, LT, but thinking he can somehow change the way you relate to others by telling you what others have told you before is patronising and really underestimates your ability to work this stuff out for yourself, I think. There are underlying needs driving your behaviour, not a misunderstanding about what other people think.

Last edited by Echos Myron redux; Aug 24, 2018 at 11:14 AM..

Thanks for this!
circlesincircles, ElectricManatee, Lemoncake, Lilana, LonesomeTonight, lucozader, ruh roh, SlumberKitty