View Single Post
Stone92

Stone92 has no updates.

5 yr Member
80 hugs
given
Default Aug 24, 2018 at 06:33 PM

I was diagnosed with PTSD a couple of years ago, after struggling with mental health issues since junior year in high school. I used to be deeply triggered by family events, and anything to do with my abusive mother. I had cut her entire side of the family out of my life, for my mental well-being.

Now, with talk therapy, medication, and an event where I was finally able to stand up to myself, I've been doing so much better. I've reconnected with that side of the family, and I've been able to go to several family events. I see my grandma and my aunt about once a month.

I never would have thought this was possible just five years ago. I thought I would never be able to be in the same room with that woman again. Now I am able to deal with my emotions, and stay rational while around her. I still don't love her, but I don't get overwhelmed by fear just being around her any more.

I'm not 'cured'. I still have anxiety, and other triggers. But I feel like I have a part of my life back.

Hugs from:
12AM, KD1980, may24, Purple,Violet,Blue, Skeezyks

Thanks for this!
12AM