Thread: Cough Question
View Single Post
JoeS21

Member Since Jul 2014
13 hugs
given
Default Aug 26, 2018 at 09:15 PM

It's as simple as I will literally get banned from my career (lose my pet, zoonosis) and lose many other opportunities if I test positive for tuberculosis or get an incurable severe respiratory illness, and there are a few new strains out in my area that are tb-like but not exactly tb, but still enough to ruin lungs, voice, etc. and put someone away in the hospital for over 6 months.

The vaccine sounds good at first, but is actually an injection of weakened bacteria which can make a person test positive for TB, and may not be effective against all strains. I will just need to think of a way to ask about it so that I'm likely to get an honest answer and not make anyone mad. Sometimes I have a very difficult/impossible time thinking of a decent/polite way to say things that everyone else can come up with immediately.

I will try asking my doctor and possibly another forum but it takes so darn long to register for forums, sometimes a prohibitively long time. I might just move in and hope for the best. It might be fine; it might be a situation of seeing trouble coming and just letting it come because there seems to be no other option.
JoeS21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote