View Single Post
arabianbird

Member Since Aug 2018
Default Aug 28, 2018 at 09:18 PM

Hi Skeezyks,

Thanks for your answer.... This IS my first post

I actually dwelled on the topic you linked for some time now. I've like read through the withdrawal symptomps and about quitting antipyschotics in general.

I just wanted to know if someone here could make it from 3 mg invega without getting a rebound effect. I know it varies from person to person.

I regularly go to a psychologist, and he got a doc (well a psychiatrist) who would be willing to reduce the dosage. The problem is, that in general the attitude of the docs is that they don't want to take the responsibility. They prescribe the higher dosage, so if I have a problem, they are covered. It is my choice to take a medication, but I would not want to quit without medical supervision, and I would want to taper off anyway.

It's just I'm stuck. This is the doc who wants me to sign the paper. It's just I cannot find anybody who would accept the theory of cannabis induced psychosis. I've been hospitalized a lot of times. I started to heavily use marijuana prior to my first episode. I know basically nobody knows what would happen if I quit medication, but me and my family would take the chance and the responsibility.

Another psychiatrist told me to stop taking medication now (he cannot prescribe medication for a reason), and I'm considering the issue. I thought writing here would be a good idea.

I am really afraid of withdrawal symptoms, and my symptoms coming back from drug withdrawal.

I've been told to sigsaw the invega, but it does not seem to be a good solution.

Thanks for your advice. There are NGOs for civil rights here, but I don't know what can they offer to help, since it's just that I cannot find a doc who is willing to cooperate with what I would like in terms of medication. If they're reluctant to help me with my plans, it's their choice either.

have a nice day
arabianbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote