View Single Post
My Paper Heart

Member Since Feb 2018
4 hugs
given
Default Aug 29, 2018 at 01:13 AM

I had chronic headaches starting in elementary school, to the point where the school had to make an exception to a rule because I was missing so much class. I was also warned in elementary school that if I kept taking so much Tylenol that I'd kill my liver.

In high school, it was upgraded to Somatization Disorder (stress-induced headaches). I spent years taking Atenolol and that helped... But I considered anything a success that kept me from having another episode of enduring a headache that lasted 3 straight months, going 24/7.

2 years ago my diagnosis was further upgraded to stress-induced migraines with auras + vertigo. (I was lost half my vision to sun spots and several fingers went completely numb.). However, because I've dealt with headaches for about 30 years now, not all of my headaches even register with me anymore so sometimes I just get auras and/or vertigo without recognizing/feeling the headaches. Joy.

One neurologist said my only option was monthly botox injections but I'm terrified of needles so that's a no go. My most recent neurologist told me that my current meds, which generally work since I don't have daily headaches anymore, are the last resort before the botox injections. The Gabapentin + Propranolol are working. I am hoping, however, to replace the Propranolol with Atenolol since Propranolol interacts poorly with so many psych meds.
My Paper Heart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote