View Single Post
TicTacGo

Member Since Dec 2016
47 hugs
given
Default Aug 29, 2018 at 04:51 PM

I have read the latest posts to get up-to-date with everything.

Firstly, the Abilify suddenly causing irritability -might- be because he has further developed. From what I read, I assume he is in his pubescent years? The hormones may be a part of why the Abilify is now possibly exasperating the irritability.

The doctor did say that Abilify should help the irritability, but not the OCD- there isn't great evidence that antipsychotic tranquilizers are of much use. Again, the only one sometimes used for OCD (perhaps in the case of sensitivity to SSRIs) is risperidone.

In terms of the Seroquel: that sedating effect if a bugger. I know all too well how one can wake up and hardly be able to stand. That is something some doctors may try and manage, while others, as his did, will remove it.

I have never heard of such experiences happening on Risperdal. While some psychology articles mention onset of psychosis on Risperdal, it is not a common thing.
If any such thing reoccurs, then it is likely the Risperdal. if not, then one could look into other causes of those peculiar things he had described.

[I'll do the description of mania separately!]

Thanks for this!
DahveyJonez