DahveyJonez

Member Since Aug 2018
13 hugs
given
Default Aug 30, 2018 at 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTacGo View Post
Mania:

The sufferer (in the classic case), would feel euphoric and as though they can tackle tasks with all this energy; they may even feel very confident.

In the agitated mania, they usually feel dysphoric with this high level of energy, but of the unpleasant kind. I see at as a pressure cooker, as it feels as though you are unable to get rid of this awful energy.

Hope this helps.

Would further attempts to physically release the pressure produce more dysphoria? More agitation?

I remember numerous times my son (16) would become euphoric about something - a gymnastics routine that he was finally able to do, for example, he would keep doing it over and over and the euphoria would take on an impatient, nervous tone and of course, the lactic acid is building up in what has to be increasingly fatigued muscles, so naturally, his form is deteriorating - which is winding him up all the more - but he won't let go.

We'll hear him stomping up the stairs, after 2 hours of very intense physical activity (the routines require a lot of energy to pull off one, successfully) cursing, sweating, very angry - you know where this goes...

Like a madness takes over him.

It could be anything - going to a sushi restaurant, whatever - everything takes on this intensity that is completely out of proportion. There is nothing else in the world at that moment but THAT.

Our lives are exhausted by it. All we can do is manage his intensity about something.

When its about anything or anyone else other than whats on his mind he becomes extremely lethargic, his eyes are glazed, he looks so tired, like he hasn't slept in weeks and has the capacity to argue for literally hours, will waste hours arguing about doing something or participating in something that would've taken 20 minutes.

Does this sound like Bipolar in your opinion?

Thanks again for all your feedback and responses.
DahveyJonez is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote