Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 02, 2018 at 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchieAus View Post
Could it really work ? As like described by Rutger Bregman . A set allowance for everyone in society. If you listen to him his theories are very interesting . I actually think it is the way forward . But a fantasy in our current society . There is no way the elite 5% who control the world would let it happen . The rest of us are only here to make that 5% richer .
Our system is slowly failing though , eventually we will have to find another way . But for the current system to collapse completely we will probably need a WWIII or a GFC which goes to meltdown , so I hope it's after I'm gone to be honest . We will also have to find another way of selecting our leaders . The least constructive traits of human beings are greed , and a lust for power . We all have these traits in varying strengths in our character , the bad thing is for people to get to the levels of leadership in our society they need to have the highest levels of a lust for power and greed . Then after that the biggest liar wins . We need to change the selection process . Choose leaders according to human nature traits that are good , not bad ...and find a way good people can get to positions of authority .
Universal Basic Income . Rutgers Bregman , check it out . Utopia .
The studies show mental health issues drop in real life studies following these principles .. not to mention crime dropping and medical issues lowering . Happy people ... crazy ideas huh .
interesting idea but I dont ever see it happening and heres why....

everyone in the whole world gets paid at minimum wage (about 1000 a month give or take)

a painter spends about 1000-3000 to paint the outside of someones house average sized home they have just used up their monthly income and more painting someones house.

a farmer spends this and more (seeds, seedlings, plants, fertilizer, water, equipment, harvesting, shipping to stores) the food we eat.

my point though its an interesting idea if it ever actually happened where everyone in the whole world was paid a set amount it could very well lead to the human extinction.

if you mean everyone in a set job gets paid a certain amount that already happens. its called salary pay. we have careers and jobs that are set at minimum wage and we have careers and jobs based on hours put in, ( time and labor)
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, SprinkL3