View Single Post
DahveyJonez

Member Since Aug 2018
13 hugs
given
Default Sep 03, 2018 at 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyCupofTea View Post
...I want someone to make some sacrifices on my behalf, I want the other person to do "little things" like....if he is stopping for dinner...asking if I want anything, planning little dates....even if it means just a walk in the park....I also want honesty...trust...and someone I can lean on....

I don't really think it's unreasonable...

No, it's not unreasonable. You put so much into (our) lives. You literally give all and that we would take it so much for granted is wrong - it's abominable.

Quote:
I want the other person to do "little things" like....if he is stopping for dinner...asking if I want anything, planning little dates....even if it means just a walk in the park
I've said so before but your posts have really awoken how necessary these 'little' things are in maintaining those unseen bonds. Men are so stupid; so two-dimensional, we are. We think its the 'big things' that matter, not realising that the big bonds are made of many, much smaller strands.

I appreciate your reminding me of that - though I know it wasn't your intention. You're honest, open reflections about a number of things have been touching.

But I think you'd mentioned a few things about alcohol and drug use on your husband's part - the thing with that is those substances numb and sedate and stupefy. That is their function, and anyone living in a state of numbed senses won't have those pangs of remorse, won't be aware of the signs...won't 'play the film to the final frame'. The idea of that kind of loss doesn't seem to bother them.

Those remorse-masking agents have to go first. Maybe if he were taking things that lended themselves to reflection, moments of epiphany, it would be different, but certainly regularly using pain-killing, opiate-like substances will defeat any chances of him going through what would be a very painful look in the mirror.

Cheers!

Child-like - no one understands
Jack knife - in your sweaty hands
Some kind of innocence is measured out in years
You don't know what it's like to listen to your fears

Big man - walking in the park
Wigwam - frightened of the dark
Some kind of solitude is measured out in you
You think you know me but you haven't got a clue

Last edited by DahveyJonez; Sep 03, 2018 at 06:44 PM..
DahveyJonez is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LuckyCupofTea