View Single Post
splitimage
Community Support Team

Member Since Mar 2006
75 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 06, 2018 at 06:38 AM

Sounds like your son and I were in very different places going in.

All 3 of my admissions were voluntary, although the first one was only voluntary because my psychiatrist told me I could agree to come in voluntarily, or she'd commit me.

My first admission, I was very sick. I was newly sober, deeply depressed and basically not functioning. The first week was a bit of a blur, but then I started going to groups, to pass the time at first, but then I got into them and learned a lot. I was in 8 weeks.

The second admission, was following a suicide attempt. Again I was depressed and needed safety. I was in 4 weeks.

My last hospitalization was for stabilization. I had let my meds schedule get way out of whack, and I basically wasn't functioning - barely taking care of myself. Again I was in for 4 weeks.

Hopefully your son will come to see the benefit of being in the hospital and take advantage of whatever services they offer.

splitimage

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favourite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

splitimage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
DahveyJonez