View Single Post
My Paper Heart

Member Since Feb 2018
4 hugs
given
Default Sep 07, 2018 at 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikobird View Post
I was wondering if anyone has Depersonalization where things look unreal and you feel like you're outside your body. It starts with an ongoing and severe anxiety and worrying. I've had it since 14 and I was always full of anxiety.
I developed it this past year because of the mountain of stress and anxiety that eventually crushed me.

For me, things feel surreal, almost foggy, and I am completely detached from my emotions -- I function purely on logic. My mind goes completely blank and if I talk, I do so without thinking (I have no idea how I can even put a sentence together but apparently I can). Every part of my body feels numb and it takes a lot of energy to even move a finger. My response time to things is much slower than it typically is. Usually it's gone the next morning (assuming I slept overnight) but I'll only remember bits and pieces of what happened while I was disassociating.

Sometimes I can feel it coming on and I'll try to stop it but I inevitably fail.

From what I've read, the only way to "snap out of it" (poor wording but since I'm out of it right now that's all I can think of) is to ground yourself to reality. The only ways I can find to do that are by using your senses.... Unfortunately for me, my senses don't work so well so it's been a slow process finding creative ways to get around my poor senses. (Example: My sense of taste is extremely limited so sometimes I'll shock my system by taking 'shots' of balsamic vinegar. It sounds gross but it usually helps after a couple of shots.)
My Paper Heart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous48690, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky