View Single Post
LandShark

Member Since Sep 2011
Confused Sep 08, 2018 at 05:51 PM

I'm 63 years old & wad diagnosed as BiPolar about 30 years ago. I've been on 1000mg of Depakote & 150mg of Lamictal for the same amount of time.

About 4 years ago, I was diagnosed with ADHD! I was surprised to hear that and was put on 10mg of Adderall without any psychological problems.

Last year, I moved to another state & was taken off of Adderall. According to the Psychologist, because I didn't work there was no reason for me to be on it! I even broached the subject of non-stimulants & they wouldn't even consider it!

During that year, my husband has noticed a significant change in my behavior, in essence my ADHD "came" back with a fury!

I went to the doctor about 6 months ago & because my Cholesterol was 204 (should be less than 200), they were considering Statins; unless I dieted, exercised, & lost weight (DEL).

I've lost 10 pounds through DEL & my ADHD has gone into overdrive! I can't sit still, I walk around my 1 bedroom apartment all day & flit from 1 project to another without finishing anything. I have over a dozen different phone apps for timers, calendars, lists, even one that helps you focus & they don't help!

I'm compelled to walk on the treadmill for an 1-1/2 hours or more every day! If I don't, I pace even more. The only thing it does is wear me out & I just do the same things at home, only slower!

I'm supposed to lose 20 more pounds according to the BMI chart for my size.

Any one else heard of this happening & is there any possibility that I'll get worse if I lose the 20 more pounds?

Hugs from:
Skeezyks, unaluna