View Single Post
KTMC95

Member Since Sep 2018
Confused Sep 09, 2018 at 05:21 PM

I've had a really hard last year. My father passed away suddenly when I was travelling overseas and I had to move back home with no money and no job. I was completely ripped out of the life I was living and dumped into my worst nightmare. I've been through a lot of hard times in my life and have always been able to pull myself back together...not this time.

I struggled on for 10 months trying to rebuild my life, and then I just snapped. Tried to overdose 2 weekends in a row, had to quit my job, have gained heaps of weight, lost most of my friends, blown through all my savings....

I'm currently being assessed for ADHD by a clinical pyschologist who is 99% sure that I will be diagnosed. Has anyone else had a similar journey as me? I've heard it's not that uncommon (particularly for women) for people to only be diagnosed after a massive life change. Has anyone been able to put their lives back together? How did you do it?

Clinical depression
Generalised anxiety disorder
Disordered eating
Self harm and suicidal ideation
Abusing illegal drugs and prescription medication
Borderline personality traits

Waiting on a pyschometric assessment to confirm suspected ADHD

Current medications - 150mg bupropion twice a day, 0.5mg lorazepam twice a day

Current goals - lose 30kg, find a job, quit smoking, cut back on cannabis use, figure out what the hell is wrong with me....

RIP DAD
KTMC95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote