View Single Post
Want2CalmDown
Want2CalmDown has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Sep 10, 2018 at 02:56 PM

Hello All,

First of all, sorry for the details provided as they are very personal and embarrassing.

I have often used masturbation to cope with hardships and difficulties in my life from a young age. Really didn't know what it was at first.

As I grow up, discovered it and felt guilty based on my religious upbringing. Kept it private from my family but I am certain they knew (know) about it as a few walked in on my a few times when I was young.

My wife has been supportive over the years, but I still have problems.

Recently, discovered the a prostate massager, and it has only made it worse. It now distracts me all the time unless, physically active, even then it is in the back of my mind.

Visited a medical doctor a few days ago to look over some issue with my body (pain, discomfort, etc) caused from it. Ironically, caused by a single use. She did not see any harm to me.

Looking for a followup with another medical doctor soon.

My wonder is, should I seek metal health treatment? If so, which one should I seek - therapist, psychologist, etc.... Hoping they can prescribe something, in addition to one-one or group therapy, to help control or eliminate the impulses urges to do it as it is now more prevalent from using the massager.

Any suggestions are helpful.

Hugs from:
Skeezyks, StripedTapir