View Single Post
sadplant

Member Since Jul 2013
12 hugs
given
Trig Sep 11, 2018 at 03:17 AM

Things have been hard for him at home, he's being pressured to balance single issue out at home while simultaneously being neglected emotionally.
He's also having to deal with verbal abuse from his father because of his situation with university.

I can see that it's really taking a toll on him psychologically. My boyfriend is extremely selfless and always does things for others but never talks about his own problems. I try getting him to open up but he just doesn't know how to, which I completely understand.

But recently he's started self-harming and constantly jokes about his death.

We've had several fights recently and I think he's starting to believe that I don't really care about him either, and that he sees himself as a burden to me.

I'm so worried about him, I love him so dearly that I cried so much yesterday thinking about him being all alone, hurting himself like that. I want to be there for him and show him that I do care, so much.

But I don't know how. Sometimes I feel like even if I do get him to open up, I say the wrong things.

No therapy though, I know he'd never even consider that. And it's not affordable here anyway.

Last edited by bluekoi; Sep 11, 2018 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: Add triggger icon.
sadplant is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LoudLove, MickeyCheeky, WishfulThinker66