View Single Post
nj_hi

Member Since May 2018
1 hugs
given
Default Sep 11, 2018 at 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLonelyChemist View Post
What is her age? If she is an older woman (in her 60's), she has a very serious risk of having dementia (of any type, I cannot judge which.) Although dementia can be diagnosed in younger people, it is not common.

If not, the parts which I made bold suggest me it's something called bipolar disorder. It has two types, one with hypomania and the other with full-blown mania, however, I cannot diagnose her over the internet.

Also, I personally recommend your mother to visit a psychiatrist. He will be able to give a better opinion than me. If she refuses, I suggest you to visit a psychiatrist and tell him the whole situation, he'll be able to make the best decision. If you're afraid of visiting a psychiatrist, then I suggest you to take her to a nursing home.

I find no meaning in the different terms given to a problem, mainly based on symptoms. I feel that mind problems are more difficult to be categorised, mainly because their symptoms are vague, ever changing, etc. I just think giving different names to a problem doesn't solve it. I need the solution, not a choice of different names to the problem. sorry if I'm being a bit not so polite here, but that's what I think when I read different threads here. A psychiatrist can help if he knows what the problem is called, that's right, but the underlying problem is, she won't go to one, would think of me as an enemy if I forced her, and I can't force her in any way possible. I can't fool her, she's too smart.

Her presence of mind makes me think it's the loneliness that's causing the trouble.

I am feeling so bad. We live in an apartment, and there are all sorts of noises coming from all directions in the building day in and day out. She is not able to stand the noises. I feel so bad, so wretched, when the noises disturb her. I even think some people have started making fun of her. Because they just like being better than her. People are cruel. Some people have started making even more unnecessary noises after realising that it disturbs her, just for the sake of doing that.

I have no power over the people. They do what they want. I only am able to keep myself as calm as possible, so as to avoid any fights between me and my mum. There is no hope of complaining to the police. I tried that multiple times with no result. I just need my mom to get so strong that we can live through this and then go away one day.
nj_hi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote