View Single Post
vishva8kumara

Member Since Oct 2016
44 hugs
given
Default Sep 12, 2018 at 10:47 AM

I think the Risperidone was for multiple reasons.
* It helps sleeping
* Intrusive thoughts became more manageable
* It is also as an augmentation for Lexapro

Yes, there were some compulsive actions I couldn't stop. Like, when walking down a street, I feel like I have dropped something and I feel an urge to go back and check the ground, and double check everything in my pockets.

When I'm working on the computer, I have this urge to be a perfectionist in my work, and often were double-checking it is was a single space, or double spaces or actually a tab. I have to check these multiple times. I think I have overcome this recently. I don't remember feeling this way for the past few days.

It is very uncomfortable for me if my cloths are not properly adjusted around my body or touching at a stretched angle. So I also have this urge to fix it often. I think this is more of an Asperger thing than pure OCD.

When I was about 4~5, I had a compulsive hand washing thing. I was given a placebo to convince me that it killed all germs, but that didn't work at that time.

I'm very uncomfortable when touched by a stranger. When walking down a crowded street, I have to be extra careful and vigilant to not get my body in contact with a stranger. If someone accidentally touches me, I get very upset, and it feels itchy where they have touched. And I can't touch that area with any other part of my body. As soon as I get home or office, I thoroughly wash that area. This is something I'm still straggling with.

I have been struggling with this sub-clinical OCD as long as I can remember. I'm used to it. It is tiresome. I have overcome them halfway. Was not focusing on my OCD for a while; just living with it for the moment.

Meds:
Lexapro 30mg, Seroquel 200mg
vishva8kumara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote