View Single Post
DahveyJonez

Member Since Aug 2018
13 hugs
given
Default Sep 12, 2018 at 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishva8kumara View Post
I think the Risperidone was for multiple reasons.
* It helps sleeping
* Intrusive thoughts became more manageable
* It is also as an augmentation for Lexapro

Yes, there were some compulsive actions I couldn't stop. Like, when walking down a street, I feel like I have dropped something and I feel an urge to go back and check the ground, and double check everything in my pockets.

When I'm working on the computer, I have this urge to be a perfectionist in my work, and often were double-checking it is was a single space, or double spaces or actually a tab. I have to check these multiple times. I think I have overcome this recently. I don't remember feeling this way for the past few days.

It is very uncomfortable for me if my cloths are not properly adjusted around my body or touching at a stretched angle. So I also have this urge to fix it often. I think this is more of an Asperger thing than pure OCD.

When I was about 4~5, I had a compulsive hand washing thing. I was given a placebo to convince me that it killed all germs, but that didn't work at that time.

I'm very uncomfortable when touched by a stranger. When walking down a crowded street, I have to be extra careful and vigilant to not get my body in contact with a stranger. If someone accidentally touches me, I get very upset, and it feels itchy where they have touched. And I can't touch that area with any other part of my body. As soon as I get home or office, I thoroughly wash that area. This is something I'm still straggling with.

I have been struggling with this sub-clinical OCD as long as I can remember. I'm used to it. It is tiresome. I have overcome them halfway. Was not focusing on my OCD for a while; just living with it for the moment.

Regarding your OCD, I suppose you've tried Exposure Therapy. It really helped my son when he was being plagued by OCD-like, repetitive worries when he was around 10. In fact, exposure therapy was the only time any sort of 'talk' therapy has worked - but thing was, he was truly tired of it by then and wanted rid of it.

Quote:
Right now I'm having a very mild headache. I feel so thirsty. Today I was not as drowsy as yesterday or day before. I think the sedation subsides at higher doses.

Last night I went up-to 100mg, and today also staying at 100mg. I'm sticking to the titration plan PDoc gave me. Tomorrow and onward is 200mg target dose.

I want to believe Seroquel will enable me to stop smoking.

If you have success, let me know for certain as I've tried everything myself to stop (except quitting, of course ) Tried Buproprian for smoking cessation but it just made me very short tempered.

Quote:
Physically I feel like everything is padded, like I don't feel the hard surfaces as it is. It is the sensation of outside word at skin. It is weird and hard to explain. Not bad, neither good, but I'm slightly worried if this persists or get worse.

I also feel that tired feeling you get when on Cymbalta.

I'd give yourself time to adjust. Even though Seroquel is a faster acting med compared with many of that class, the effects of coming off the Rispiradone may not have had their final say. I don't think any of the AP switches are anywhere near a 1-to-1, even in the best case.

Quote:
Mentally, I already feel so much quietness in my head. My thoughts are clear. I don't feel worried all the time. It is like I have a firm grip of things around me. Emotions are dull, but that is kind a good. I don't feel like a zombie at all . I feel I can enjoy small things around me. I'm not frustrated or angry or agitated. This is good.

Can't ask it to do any more than that!
DahveyJonez is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
vishva8kumara